Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Belly of the Whale

“The thinker, slowly going on his way, suddenly stood still, gripped by his thought, and another thought immediately arose from this one. It was: The reason why I do not know anything about myself, the reason why Siddhartha has remained alien and unknown to myself is due to one thing, to one single thing - I was afraid of myself, I was fleeing from myself.” (38) 

Siddhartha learns that he was, for the longest time, trapped within the fear of himself. Behind the wall of pride and self worth that hides the path to enlightenment and inner/outer connection. He knows, now, that he must start over if he really wants to become all that is and is capable of being. This containment that he suffers in internally serves as the belly of the whale in his journey.

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to see something very interesting in your site that I can't stop on reading.
    This is so good article ever. Thank you for sharing and for inspiring your readers. Have a good day!

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete